Offbeat Mara Camp is located along the Olare Orak river in Mara North Conservancy, a conservancy established in 2010 with a total size of around 280 square kilometers. Offbeat Mara is a small eco-friendly camp with only 7 tents, 5 standard tents and 2 family tents.
Offbeat Mara is a nice camp with excellent staff, but don't expect luxury. There is no running water in the tents, except for the toilets. You will find bush showers (staff will fill the shower bucket with hot water on request) and also water at the bathroom sink is supplied via a jar instead of tap water. The large beds are some of the best we have seen anywhere!
Wifi is available in the main area, not in the rooms. Also charging for mobile phones and cameras can be done in the main area and the gamedrive cars, but there are no charging point in the rooms.
Food is of a very good standard, with mostly a small buffet for lunch and a fixed menu for dinner.
Your gamepackage will not only include standard gamedrives, but also walking safaris, sundowners and night gamedrives are possible. Offbeat Mara is guaranteeing a private car for groups of 4!
* 5 double tents
* 2 family tents
* wifi in main area
* 24hrs solar electricity
* full board accommodation with soft drinks, local beers and house wine included in package
* selected alcoholic drinks not included
* no safe in the room, but possible to use the safe in the managers office
* walking safari
* bush breakfast
* evening gamedrive at dusk
* Maasai cultural visit (optional)
* Aitong Primary School visits (optional)
* hot air balloon (optional)