Mara Bush Camp
Mara Bush Camp is located very close to Ol Kiombo airstrip in the Maasai Mara Main Reserve. The camp has a main wing and a private wing, each with 12 tents, and also a small bush/photographers wing with 5 tents. It is in a quiet location, but still central to most areas of the reserve.
Charging is available in the rooms day and night. The rooms also have a small minibar, however, expect only limited cooling of drinks.
Some tents if the private wing are located right on Olare Orok river (expect a lot of hippo sounds), but most tents are not overlooking the river.
During our stay at Mara Bush Camp, the food was good with 3 courses for both lunch and dinner and mostly 2 choices of main dish. But the major advantage of Mara Bush Camp was the exceptional guiding!
Mara Bush Camp is fully powered by solar power, but water heating is conventional instead of solar.
* Main wing: 10 standard tents (1 double + 1 single bed) and 2 family tents (1 double + 2 single beds)
* Private wing: 10 standard tents (1 double + 1 single bed) and 2 family tents (1 double + 2 single beds)
* Bush/Photographers wing: 5 tents
* 24hrs solar electricity
* photographer room with 1 computer in the private wing and main/photoraphers wing
* small gift shop
* full board accommodation, water, afternoon tea and coffee included.
* soft drinks and alcoholic drinks not included
* walking safari outside the reserve (optional)
* private bush dinner (optional)
* sundowner (optional)
* Ol Malaika Home visit (optional)
* hot air balloon (optional)