Elephant Watch Camp
This camp is the place to stay in Samburu for those who love elephants. The camp is run by Saba Douglas-Hamilton and her small team and all their guides are experts on elephants, recognizing many of them on sight and are able to share with you some history of the elephant families. Because of the camp’s cooperation with Ewaso Lions, the guides are also expert on the various big cats you will see.
The camp is a real eco-camp with only six spacious tents, run on solar power and limiting pollution as much as possible. Most of the furniture is hand made out of recycled trees and local materials. Your stay will not only include gamedrives with plenty of time for elephant watching, but also guided bird walks, bush picnics, sundowners and the exclusive opportunity to visit the Save The Elephants Research Centre.
* 6 spacious tents
* 2 of the tents can be fitted with extra beds for children up to 15y
* wifi available in mess tent
* 24hrs solar electricity
* full board accommodation, soft drinks, local beer and house wine
* selected alcoholic drinks not included
* bush picnics and sundowners
* guided bird walks
* visit to Save The Elephant Research Centre
* Manyatta and school visits
* Samburu dances (optional)